Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time in Kandahar and Address

Local time. Kandahar.



For those who don't have the time to calculate the difference, this site will help. For those too busy to click, that's 9.30 hours difference from Atlanta to Kandahar.

As my departure day creeps closer, faster than I would like, I have the address for those who want it to send mail and/or packages. I'm not sure how quickly mail will reach me, but I know that they (The Army) take it seriously as it is one of the few pleasures we have to look forward to. That, and computer/phone time with family and loved ones. Here's that address:

SPC Geoffrey Michael Cottrill
5-20 IN BN, B Troop, ATTN S-1
FOB PASAB
APO, AE 09370


Looks like I am heading out on 16th for the long journey to Afghanistan, but what an amazing time it has been. One whole month of being husband to an amazing woman. One whole month of adventures, hilarious stories, great photos, FOOD, more photos and laughter. It has been a great preview, I'd even say tease, to see how awesome life is going to be when I get back. Makes me hungry to get back, that's for sure.

That's it for now. Off to enjoy a lazy Sunday but I'll check in before I leave.

4 comments:

  1. I'd just like to know...why FOOD is a larger font then anything else in your post...seems like it might be a bigger highlight this month... ;)
    jk...keep posting hottie hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best from England, Geoff. You're in our thoughts. Gran would be proud of you! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geoff,

    Merry Christmas. Updated from 2.0, texasAUtiger may get booted off the board because he admits to not having watched Christmas Vacation in the last 20 years. Didn't recognize Cousin Eddie's picture in the banner. Oh well enough of the chat update. Godspeed. Stay safe.

    Brain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Solider's Angels baker assigned to your unit this month. At least I believe so, given the assigned address I have matches the one you have posted above perfectly, with a different contact name. The SA Bakers send packages with a little bit of home baked goods to a different assigned unit each month. It's the very least we can do. Keep safe and God Bless you and your family at home.
    Nicole Doran
    Soldier's Angels Baker Team D.

    ReplyDelete